Tuesday 16 August 2011

Eat: Whole wheat spaghetti with sauteed chickpeas and spinach

I have come across so many yummy recipes via Pinterest that I am now working my way through them. My aim is to have a bunch of new recipes that are in general quick and easy to cook. And hopefully along the way I may improve my somewhat hit and miss cooking skills.

Today I cooked this recipe from Aggie's Kitchen.



whole wheat spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, sliced thin
1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2-3 bunches of fresh spinach
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
additional olive oil, to taste
freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving.

Cook pasta according to directions.

While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and onions to pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly soft, season with salt and pepper. Add chickpeas to onions and saute for another 5 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving about 1/4 cup of pasta water. Add fresh spinach to pan, add cooked pasta and pasta water over spinach and gently toss. Turn off heat.

Before serving add an additional drizzle of olive oil over pasta. Season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...